Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Feature by a Blogger Feels Really Good

Featured in the Great Green Goods!
Can I say I have a greeny business?!?! Well probably not yet...although I have a product and I have sales, and technically I have a profit (a super tiny one, but you know still). At the Crafty Rascal I make cufflinks out of recycled wine cork and tennis ball (at least right now... tomorrow when you check there will be plenty more things, such as hand made dresses by my crafty Mom).
And although things remain pretty pie in the sky, and I have to stop myself from spending too much time on this crazy adventure, it feels really good to be featured by a blogger. To have someone whom I do not know """find""" my work and feature it. I mean there are thousands of artists on Etsy, so getting found is really hard. I mean"Relevant" to one person may not be "Relevant" to another. There is also trying to decipher what Relevant means to the search optimization software that Etsy uses, without starting to sound too much like Yoda by putting the most important things first like "Cufflinks they are, Cork Cufflinks.

How do we define this human nature of getting praise by the "community" of people we dont know. I am not sure but it sure feels good :-).

Checkout The Crafty Rascal.
Here is a sample of my wine cork cufflinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment